Man pulled from fire above CBD sex shop dies - Tod

  • Detail
Man pulled from fire above CBD sex shop dies - Today News Post News Today || Headlines Today

An elderly man has died after firefighters rescued him from a burning building in the Perth CBD on Wednesday afternoon.

The man, believed to be in his 70s, was rushed to Royal Perth Hospital after he was pulled from the blaze above the Club X adult store on Barrack Street about 1.10pm.

One of five St John Ambulance crews who’d raced to the scene of the fire minutes earlier treated the man for severe smoke inhalation and burns, but he was unable to be saved and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Camera IconFirefighters battle to contain a CBD blaze. Credit: WA incident alerts

The Arson Squad was still leading the investigation, The West Australian was told, as detectives combed through the seemingly abandoned apartment for clues as to the cause of the fatal blaze.

Copyright © 2011 JIN SHI